Throughout the season we run a steam train service between Haverthwaite Station and Lakeside Station.
From here you can connect with a steamer and continue your journey cruising up Windermere to Bowness or Ambleside.
For further details of days we run and departure times please refer to our
Please DO NOT use the online purchasing for tour/coach groups. Groups MUST be booked in advance. Click here for information about groups.
Buying Online Tickets.– You need to know the following…
VALID 1ST APRIL- 29TH OCTOBER 2017, non transferable, NON REFUNDABLE
If buying your tickets online from us please note they can only be redeemed at HAVERTHWAITE TICKET OFFICE, meaning you MUST begin your journey at Haverthwaite Station.
If you wish be begin your journey from Bowness/Ambleside please click here to be taken to the relevant website
Online tickets are NOT fast track tickets at any attraction.
Haverthwaite To Lakeside
Take a nostaligc trip between Haverthwaite Station and Lakeside Pier.
Unlimited train travel for 1 day
Purchase a combined ticket to save money and visit several attractions on your day out.
Combine your trip between Haverthwaite and Lakeside, with a visit to the ‘Lakes Aquarium’ at Lakeside where the amazing Virtual Dive Bell and creatures from across the world await you.
Why not combine your visit and train ride with a visit to the Lakeland Motor Museum. A short walk (just under a mile) from Haverthwaite Station, the museum houses possibly the finest collection of automobila on public display in the UK.
Travel from Haverthwaite Station to Lakeside Pier, then cruise to Bowness where you will visit the ‘World Of Beatrix Potter’ and meet Peter Rabbit, Jemima Puddle-Duck, Mrs Tiggy-winkle, Tom Kitten and many more.
Please note the following…
- The railway is a working environment, so please ensure children are supervised at all times during your visit.
- The company accepts no liability for any inaccuracy in the information contained on this website.
- Pricing information is subject to alteration without notice.
- Special fares or discounts may apply at selected events – please check the Event List or contact the Booking Office for further details.
- Unless otherwise stated for special events, child fares apply to children aged 5 to 15 years, while under 5’s travel free.
- Group rates are available on request, but do not apply to our special events – please contact the Booking Office for further details and seat reservations.
- We welcome well behaved dogs, who can travel for free, but not on seats!
To see our full conditions of carriage, further information and safety notices, please click here.