Conditions of Carriage
Please note the following conditions of carriage, safety and site information…
- The railway is a working environment, so please ensure children are supervised at all times during your visit.
- Children under the age of 16 may not travel on the train unsupervised.
- The company accepts no liability for any inaccuracy in the information contained on this website.
- Pricing information is subject to alteration without notice.
- Unless otherwise stated, child fares apply to children aged 3 to 15 years, while under 3’s travel free of charge.
- Group rates are available on request for groups of over 20 people, but do not apply to our special events – please contact the Booking Office for further details and seat reservations.
- We welcome well behaved dogs, who can travel for free, but not on seats!
- Timetable information is subject to alteration without notice.
- On occasion, operational reasons may require that a diesel locomotive or motor launch is used to replace the steam locomotive and “steamer” service.
- Steamer services cruising from Lakeside Pier to Bowness and Ambleside are operated by “Windermere Lake Cruises“
- We cannot guarantee parking at Haverthwaite or that parking will be available for camper vans/motor homes/caravans due to the limited size of our car park.