KL100, Jones Shunting Crane
Facts & Figures
|Name & Number||Shunting Crane, 10071|
|Horse Power||54hp (Doorman)|
|Previous Owners||Ministry of Supply Weldit – Barrow|
The KL100 was delivered in 1952 to the Ministry of Supply and after completion of its military usefulness came to the dockland of Barrow-in-Furness in the service of Weldit Engineering Ltd. from where it was purchased by the L&HR in July 1980.
When fitted with a 40ft jib, it lifts up to 5 tons, reduced to 4 tons if fitted with a 50ft jib. It is now used mainly for permanent way maintenance.